Mental Health Resources
In an emergency, call 911. For crisis hotlines & helplines, click here.
|RISD Counseling and Psychological |
Services (CAPS) – for students
Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Please call during business hours to
schedule an appointment. 24/7 on-call
crisis counselors available.
24/7: 401 454-6666
|72 Pine Street, 2nd Floor|
Providence, RI 02903
|RISD Employee Assistance Program (EAP) |
– for employees & employees’
|24/7: 1 800-445-1195|
|Mental Health Association of RI||401 726-2285||345 Blackstone Blvd.|
Sawyer Building, Rm 310
Providence, RI 02906
|The MGH Center for Cross-Cultural|
Student Emotional Wellness
|MGH Wang ACC 812|
15 Parkman Street
Boston, MA, 02114
- 21 Mental Health Resources for BIPOC (and 5 Tips for Finding the Right Therapist for You)
- Mental Health Resources for the Black Community
- Asian Mental Health Collective
- Mental Health Resources for Latino and Hispanic Communities
- Mental Health Resources for Indigenous Communities
- APISAA Therapist Directory — Asian Mental Health Collective – database of counselors, therapists, clinical social workers and physicians who are Asian, Pacific Islander and South Asian American.
- Asian Counseling and Referral Service – organization that provides behavioral health programs, human services and civic engagement activities for Asian Americans, Pacific Islanders and other communities in King County, Washington, and other parts of the Pacific Northwest.
- Asians Do Therapy– online community started by a marriage and family therapist to encourage more Asians and Asian Americans to seek therapy and use its guide to learning more about the process of determining when to seek therapy and what kind of therapist or counselor to see.
- Mann Mukti – platform that encourages those in the South Asian community to overcome stigma about mental health and to seek help.
- National Asian American Pacific Islander Mental Health Association – encourages Asian American and Pacific Islander communities to understand the importance of maintaining individual mental health and well-being.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) – resources for Black, African American, Latinx/Hispanic & LGBTIQ+ individuals.
- National Queer and Trans Therapists of Color Network– a healing justice organization that provides national directory of mental health providers.
- Henry Health App – app that focuses on providing culturally sensitive teletherapy services.
- Inclusive Therapists – connects individuals to affirming therapists.
- Indian Health Services–Telebehavioral Health Center of Excellence – provides, promotes and supports delivery of telebehavioral health services to American Indians/Alaska Native people. Provides a list serve of providers and clinics.
- Latinx Therapy -bilingual national database of therapists, podcasts and resources.
- Loveland Therapy Fund – national organization providing financial assistance to Black women and girls seeking psychotherapy. Application is required and limited funding available.
- Open Path Psychotherapy Collective – a membership-based service connecting individuals to sliding scale therapists.
- RehabSpot – browse rehabilitation centers, treatment providers, etc. related to substance abuse
- Therapy for Black Girls – an online space dedicated to encouraging the mental wellness of Black women and girls that includes a blog, podcasts and therapy referrals.
- Therapy for Black Men – national directory for therapists and coaches.
- Therapy for Latinx – national database that connects people with licensed therapists and provides resources.